Corporate (or Employee) Volunteering is an opportunity for a business and their staff to give back to their local communities through their time, skills energy and resources. Corporate Volunteering can be one-off or regular by an individual, a team or a whole of company involvement.
Benefits of Corporate Volunteering
- developing additional skills
- personal fulfillment and job satisfaction
- developing more innovative responses to challenges
- increased team work
- increased sense of community and social contribution.
For the businesses:
- closer links to your local community
- increased community awareness of your business and your brand
- improved staff morale and motivation
- being seen as a contributor to you community.
For not-for-profit organisations:
- accessing knowledge, skills and experience beyond what is in your organisation
- improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the services you offer
- opportunities to grow and expand your organisation
- building better communities.
Corporate volunteering can be done in many different ways, including:
- Your business establishes an employee volunteer program and promotes it to local not-for-profit organisations
- A not-for-profit organisation identifies a volunteering opportunity and approaches your business with a formal proposal
- Your employee volunteers with a not-for-profit organisation, with your business’ support
- Your business makes information on volunteering opportunities available to your employees
- Your business offers pro-bono (free of charge) services to one or more not-for-profit organisations
- Your business decides to support a particular community not-for-profit organisation and you invite your employees to also contribute their time and skills
- Your company makes a financial contribution to a not-for-profit organisation (you may with to support a particular program being provided)
If you are: - a business looking to place your staff with a not-for-profit organisation, or - a non-profit organisation able to accept corporate volunteers please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 843 236.
Volunteering Australia have comprehensive resources on Corporate Volunteering